Monday, July 16, 2012

Milestones

What a wonderful Monday morning!  I stepped on the scale like I always do on Monday morning and not only did the scale start to go down again, I now weigh less than I have in at least 10 years.  Probably more like 15.  That feels so good!
Of course I still have 9 pounds to go before I get to my Phase 1 goal weight, which I set in December, hoping to achieve by the Packer 5K in July, but not planning to achieve it until December 2012. I was getting discouraged because I had hit a plateau again, but this time I decided to not give up, and to continue to exercise, walk, and eat healthy. My son also reminded me that my body was telling me it is time to "kick it up a notch" and do a different set of exercises, or more than I have been so far.  It worked! I am celebrating a milestone today.

My Granddaughter Avery is a budding personal trainer.  Every time we are together we watch Bubble Guppies, Gummy Bear videos, or a movie for about 30 minutes.  I should say we watch the music part of them over and over and over for the entire time so we can dance.  She "makes" me dance with her too.  She grabs my hand and leads me off the couch and makes me move.  It is fun but at first I would get tired. After spending a rather long time playing and dancing, the conversation a couple of weeks ago went something like this:

Avery:  "GAGAAAAAA DANCE!!"
Me:  "Gaga is tired! Let's build houses with the blocks."
Avery:  Gaga MOVE!!!!  Dance!!!"
Me: "Wouldn't you rather water the flowers?"
Avery: "No DANCE! It's fun!  Watch me!"
(I was trying my hardest to ignore her request and do something else) 
Avery: Gaga! Look at me!"  Then she grabbed my hand and tried moving my feet. With the sweetest little face she looked up at me and said, "Gaga PLEASE! - I show you how"
Me:  "ok"

She is always moving.  She swims, runs, sings, dances and plays with cars while holding her Princess doll. What a wonderful motivator I have in my life. Thanks to her, now I can dance the whole 30 minutes without stopping and still enjoy it!  Of course, my exercise buddy helps make it fun.


Considering that just 5 months ago, I couldn't even stand up beside her, I am proud to say, I have reached another milestone.

No comments:

Post a Comment