Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Starting off slow

My mind is very motivated but my body says, "SLOW DOWN!" I really really tried to get 10,000 steps on Saturday. I ended up with just under 7,000. Sunday it was 6,010.  I walked on the treadmill for 32 minutes Saturday and my hips were screaming. So, I guess to expect to jump right in where I left off in 2012 was a bit unrealistic. The good news is that I am putting in about 4000 more steps than normal so we are off to a decent start.

I wish I could say the same about my diet. Saturday was fine, I ended up with 63 calories under my limit of 1200. Sunday however I went over by 419. It was the cheesy hashbrowns. They were just so darn good I ate the whole box. Not at the same time - I had half for breakfast and then the rest for lunch. But still. And it was BOXED which means processed so I scolded my hubby and reminded him not to buy boxed processed foods. Monday I had 43 leftover.

Today I am back on track. I exercised portion control and only cooked what I needed for breakfast. I think that is what I am going to have to do with some foods for now.

I started the morning with an 8 oz glass of room temperature water with lemon juice (squeezed from a half of a fresh lemon) followed by 1 oz of NingXia Red (click if you are interested in knowing more about this product. If you want to try a sample, please let me know because I am a Young Living member and can get it for you). I took my TruVision supplements with the Ningxia Red. Then I cooked breakfast, ate, and took my morning medication with another 12 oz glass of water.

I am finding that by evening my appetite increases and I am trying to determine whether that is out of habit, boredom, or fatigue. I am guessing the first and third reasons are why I feel I need to eat something after dinner.

I have also decided to adjust my step count for the next 2 weeks. This morning the bottoms of my feet ache, my hips still hurt and my back is cranky. So I am striving for 7000 steps through January 15 and then will increase by 1000 each week until I reach 10,000.

But guess what? Already I feel more energy and less hungry!

My overall goal is to get healthy, and by doing that I hope to reduce the amount of diabetes medication, cholesterol medication, and blood pressure medication that I take. Since I am on a low dose of most of those, I believe by the time I return for my A1c check in March, we will be able to cut one of those out.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment