Friday, February 12, 2016

NOW I know why

All month I have been reminded of the fact that I turn 60 this month. Now this is a milestone I have seriously been looking forward to for 4 years. I started January highly motivated to walk my way through 2016, ending this year long celebration walking on the Pacific Crest Trail in Oregon, slowly spreading Nik's ashes along a path he always wanted to walk in a state he loved.

However, in January I realized my 10,000 step/day goal was a bit lofty. Not only did I feel an aching swelling behind my left knee, I started feeling intense pain in my right heel. But I kept walking. Then my body started to feel like it was all connected with inflamed tendons. Both knees hurt. My groin, at times, felt like I have a hernia. But I kept walking, only the steps are much less.

Yesterday I felt horrible. I even went to bed early and woke up late this morning. I have my old buddy asthmatic bronchitis back. There is no way in hell I am going to even come close to my new step goal of "anything over 1000 steps/day". I slept for 11 hours last night and missed my doctor appointment this morning!

Now I know why people warned me that turning 60 brings a host of new challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment